Saturday, February 1, 2014

Long over due

Wow its only been 2 weeks since my last update and SO much has happened! We have windows, siding, outlets laid out, plumbing, duct work... and lots more! Everything has been going pretty good for the most part. I have experienced a bit of frustration that I am trying to work through Hopefully it gets better but I guess I won't hold my breath. When we first bought the house we were treated like we would be an important part of the building process. We'd get lots of walk throughs, we'd get to choose where we wanted all of our outlets to go yadda yadda. We haven't had a single walk through since a couple days after we signed on the dotted line and while I have walked through on my own never anything formal with the builder. In fact I have been made to feel as if I shouldn't be out there at all & well sorry thats not going to happen. This is probably the most expensive investment of our lives and its OURS its not a spec home and we want to be included in the decision making process. I did an impromtu visit about a week ago only to find the electrician was there placing all of our outlet boxes!! I had just emailed my realtor days before that to verify when that did happen I would get a phone call. Apparently not. ( not my realtors fault she was never notified ) About a week before that the plumbers were out and they decided where I wanted my washer and dryer.... I mean after all its what they thinks best right.. no its our house not theirs. So as I walked in with all 3 of my kids I had to stop the electrician and show him where I thought we wanted everything. Thats not an easy task to do on the spot and with 3 kids running around. I wasn't prepared for that. I did the best I could and then went home and second guess everything I did, thats typical for me smh. Jay went back with me the next day and the builder was there. He let us walk through and I showed him some changes we needed to make. Kinda felt like I was more of an annoyance and its a shame I have to feel that way, but it is what it is and I have to just remember this is our house and they haven't followed through on their end of keeping us involved so oh well. The siding is going up and all the windows are in :) They have finally got the overhang over the front door and it turned out awesome!! It adds some nice dimension. We are only the only home in the neighborhood with that model that has an overhang so that makes us a tad more unique. Seems like every other day I have an email into my realtor. She's gonna be glad when April gets here I'm sure :/ Little things come to my head here and there.... todays email was making sure we had a choice in the finishings in the house such as doorknobs, foyer light etc. Lordy do I NOT want gold/brass. Nickel/silver would be great. I figure I better ask because if I don't and they put in brass I am going to have to drop a few hundred dollars on changing it all out! I also don't see where they are putting a porch light. The garage has 2 areas for lights. Kinda concerns me because we can't NOT have a porch light. I can see it now.. pizza guy trips down the stairs and sues me cause he couldn't see. Yes I think crazy outside the box thoughts like that.... that shit happens everyday! For now I will wait for those emails to get replied to. I have requested a walk through before any drywall goes up... something else I was told we would def get to do no problem and now it appears to be an issue and "not nesc" maybe thats not how they mean it but it just comes across that way. I will be glad when the process is over and we can move in. I will leave you with some new photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment